Looking for a Creative Executive Chef to join our team! Seeking high energy, positive, chef to bring some flare to our award winning restaurant. Next to our delicious cocktails, our food does not fall short on creativity! Looking Collaborate ideas with our FOH Management Team and Event Coordinator for our ever evolving restaurant with fun themes and ideas!Responsibilities
- Accurately manage all kitchen employees to ensure adherence to our policy, efficient
- Be knowledgeable of our policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Maintain quality standards, ensuring the best possible product goes in and out the kitchen doors.
- Assist in creating new menus in collaboration with Management Team.
- Assist in creating a yearly catering menu for private rentals. Willing to create a menu from scratch for clients with dietary needs.
- Effectively communicate with the FOH Management Team regarding day to day operations.
- Properly training all kitchen personnel about the practices regarding cleanliness, sanitation, safe equipment operating, and proper kitchen tool usage.
- Establishing a strong community presence by coordinating culinary community events.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including inventory, ordering, forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and preventative maintenance plans.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from vendors, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures. Control labor cost by scheduling based upon forecasted sales, positions needed, and proper time management.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the restaurant industry; preferably with supervisory or management experience.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with other managers and kitchen staff.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours) and have the stamina to work a approximately 50 hours per week.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to deal with challenging customers in a professional manner
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Post ID: 154956157 orangecounty