What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon Telematics, we guide a connected world on the go.
We’re in it to win it.Today we’re the #1 global provider of fleet management solutions for both enterprise and small/medium businesses—but we’re not stopping there. We’re seizing this unique moment in our industry to grow our market share to ensure more customers can benefit from our best-in-class solutions, encompassing emerging trends in the connected vehicle ecosystem. Our consumer solutions, like hum, create a more connected ride with vehicle diagnostics, emergency assistance, and WIFI.
A Verizon Telematics Internship, which is part of the overall Verizon Campus Program will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm.
Interested in the future of IoT, mobile technology, and cloud computing? Verizon Telematics is looking for a candidate to help with business development for Hum, its consumer tech product.
If you are:
- Currently enrolled in a MBA program
- Are passionate about revolutionizing how people connect with their vehicles on an everyday basis
- Excited about working in a high-growth, fast-paced IoT company bent on world domination
then let’s talk!
Interns will get access to senior leadership and 1:1 mentorship from industry experts to support their summer deliverables. Interns should expect ownership over one or multiple of the strategic priorities listed below and will be equipped with the resources to drive measurable business impact over the course of the summer:
- Craft strategy to target attractive customer segments with high growth, low saturation, and a right to win for Hum
- Analyze (financially and operationally) and segment our existing customer base into ideal personas, prioritize the most appealing personas, and identify future use cases to power intelligent connections between people and vehicles
- Develop GTM strategy and launch roadmap for new uses cases
- Identify and prioritize new distribution channels to drive Hum growth domestically and internationally
- Shortlist and prioritize strategic partner relationships to drive value for Hum customers
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks
Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree in Business or Technology or equivalent major degree program with an expected completion date between December 2018 and June 2019
- Current enrollment in a Master’s degree program (preferably MBA) at an accredited college or university.
- Should be able to strategically navigate priorities among business, product, and engineering and overlay with partner needs, to drive business development priorities with a comprehensive view of Hum business.
- Able to work independently and navigate the broader organization to get results in a timely manner.
- Possess strong analytical skills, able to distill large amounts of data quickly, identify business insights, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Possesses both a basic level understanding of technical and business concepts to assess growth trade-offs effectively.
- Be collaborative and thrive in a cross functional environment.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Is curious, inquisitive, and action oriented.
- 3.2 GPA or greater preferred
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2262639-telematics-strategy-and-business-development-internships
• Post ID: 158382722 orangecounty