What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Telematics is looking for a Project Manager to join our PMO organization. Primary purpose of the Project Manager is to support the Sr. PMO Manager with onboarding of new programs. This includes project planning, execution, implementation, scoping/estimating of the projects. The Project Manager will help lead the organization in managing and implementing customers at all levels and drive significant business value through successful delivery of initiatives. To be successful, the Project Manager must effectively communicate with impacted stakeholders, be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail oriented and possess outstanding communication and written skills.
Position can be based in our Aliso Viejo, CA or Atlanta, GA.
- Support the Sr. PMO Manager on project plan creation, schedule creation and management, and project reporting as well as regular status reporting on the progress of initiatives
- Effectively liaison between multiple departments and all functions of the business to plan, prioritize, and manage workload and timelines
- Provide motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle and effectively reconcile conflicts where needed
- Manage communications between the project team and key stakeholders. Escalate risks, issues, changes and decisions to management and business counterparts throughout project life cycles
- Work closely with the implementation team(s) and support teams to ensure system applications are being implemented to support business processes
What we’re looking for...
- Minimum 6 years executing projects to a successful conclusion
- Knowledge of PMO processes and best practices
- Demonstrate creation and delivery of comprehensive business process requirements and change management programs
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Creative and resourceful problem solver with strong leadership
- Ability to work well with team members, customers, and contractors at all levels is essential
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business, or equivalent is required
- Project Management Certificate strongly preferred; Scrum Master, Certificate or Black Belt is a plus
- Training on PMO tools and bestpractices
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2295943-program-project-manager
• Post ID: 160634572 orangecounty