COMPANY OVERVIEW: At E.B. Bradley Co./West Coast Laminating we pride ourselves on being industry leaders by providing value-added wholesale distribution of specialty hardware and surfacing products and cold press laminated panels and related products. We currently have 11 locations across the Western region and growing. We are dedicated to providing quality products and creating partnerships that are unparalleled. We offer a fun, safe work environment with opportunity for upward mobility. We do this by hiring the best of the best, allowing us to set the standard in Customer service. If this sounds like the place for you, please review the job description below.
POSITION SUMMARY: E.B. Bradley/West Coast Laminating is searching for a Credit & Collections Specialist to be located in our Anaheim, CA location. Credit & Collections Specialist will be responsible for making high volume collection calls and initiate written correspondences via email in a fast paced goal oriented credit and collection dept. They will also be providing customer service regarding collection issues, review customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, assign credit limits and initiate reviews for larger limits, resolve client discrepancies and short payments. Will work alongside Accounts Receivable department to reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due. Credit Administrators are also responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts, recommend small balance write offs, customer reconciliations. They are also accountable for reducing delinquency on assigned accounts and enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process. The Credit Administrator must communicate and follow up effectively with sales, and customer service departments regarding customer accounts on a reoccurring basis. Meet defined department goals and activity metrics consistently. They must establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with all depts. They will also have the ability to communicate and develop positive long-term relationships with customers. Successful candidates will be career oriented, hardworking and a professional team member.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Credit Policies - Abide by and follow the Company's general credit policies
· Ensure customer credit applications, requests for increased lines of credit, special credit lines for separated job work, inquiries, and/or disputes relating to accounts receivable are promptly and accurately handled.
· Credit Applications - Maintain current information and credit applications on all customers to whom credit has been extended.
· Collections - Make collections calls as needed and in keeping with Company’s policies and procedures. Communicate with management regarding collections strategy and progress.
· Lien Rights - Ensure that bond and mechanics/materialman’s lien rights do not expire.
· Customer Service - Cooperate with sales staff and branch and company leadership to ensure that selling activities conform to credit policies and to ensure that every feasible means of profitably selling a customer is given reasonable consideration before denying credit.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Non management, Non-exempt hourly position that reports to the National Credit Manager.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in credit and collections
· Basic understanding of generally accepted credit management techniques and procedures; ability and willingness to develop in-depth and thorough knowledge and understanding of Company credit policies and procedures.
· Associate’s Degree in Business or related field and/or technical experience in lieu of degree
· Strong PC skills including Windows 7, MS Office, internet search engines
· Experience in wholesale or industrial industries
· Working knowledge of Mechanics/Materialman’s lien and bond rights, notice requirements and ability to use these in conjunction with general contractor and bank relationships to secure payment
· College degree, some college
· Has an understanding about resale taxes and the gathering of resale forms/certificates
· Bi-lingual Spanish a plus
· Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: BS/BA degree preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, carry materials, stoop, kneel, bend at the waist, reach overhead and climb stairs. May require sitting and/or standing for long periods of time
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates within a diverse environment. Some work may be performed within a general office environment and/or within a manufacturing and warehouse environment.
E.B. Bradley Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status
This job description is a summary of duties which you as an employee are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list, but is merely a broad guide to expected duties. As an employee you should understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time. Also, at the request of management, any employee may be asked and expected to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or project without notice.
• Post ID: 154822722 orangecounty